Of course you're welcome to participate in a number of the evaluations and provide as much feedback as you'd like. You're also free to sit on your own demos without our teams and provide your choices with an ask for validation on points. Is this something you can do without us? Absolutely. That being said, when doing these evaluations, these can be of the most important decisions you as a cannabis business owner can make. PLEASE take it seriously and consider the following:
- Transitioning between solutions is not as easy as a flip of a switch (if any software, POS especially, says it is please consider this a large red flag).
- Data will not match up between systems entirely, so chances are you'll lose at least some valuable data in the process.
- The cost of switching isn't just about the initial upfront costs of getting new software and often hardware. The retraining of employees on new systems, innocuous errors that occur due to something being "not what they're used to" can add up. The loss of potential sales due to slowdowns during transition is very real.
- Timing of implementations. These are generally more complex configurations (hardware configurations often taking the least amount of time) and you're going to have to re-build and validate many of the products, categories, discounts, and more in your systems and tie them to line inventory. If you're up and running in full swing, this issue is obviously compounded.
- Does it connect to your state's government system seamlessly. Just because it's working with BT-STEMS, EI, LDS or METRC in one state, DOES NOT mean it functions exactly the same in yours.
- When folks talk about the APIs, it's important to listen. They are not all created equally and what integrations, levels of integrations, endpoints and parameters WILL have a direct impact on your business workflow.
- You're getting sold by salespeople, so take in what you can but with a little salt.
Either way, we hope this information has been helpful and we look forward to hearing from you soon.